What’s In the Bag?
The BAG IT bag is available in English or Spanish.
The BAG IT Binder
A specially-designed binder provides:
- Cross-reference guide to BAG IT publications and cancer topics/issues
- Helpful tips for getting through treatment and beyond on each tabbed section
- Personal information, medical history, and medication forms
- Calendar to keep track of appointments, side effects, and/or questions
- Place to keep copies of all labs, reports, referrals, and diagnostic testing
- Paper to log in your questions and comments for office visits for later reference
- Summary and follow-up care plan form
- BAG IT evaluation
- Instruction card for creating your own website
Living with cancer is hard. At every point, there may be a range of feelings. It is important to accept these feelings and learn how to live with them.
Download Taking Time PDF
Teamwork – The Cancer Patient’s Guide To Talking With Your Doctor**
Suggests key questions for doctors, nurses, and others on the health care team. Includes a glossary of cancer words and resources.
Download Teamwork PDF
When Someone You Love Is Being Treated For Cancer*
Giving care and support during this challenging time isn’t easy. Caregivers need to take care of themselves, too. Special sections for helping children and teens cope.
Download When Someone You Love Is Being Treated For Cancer PDF
Life After Cancer Treatment*
Offers practical ways of dealing with common problems and guidelines for managing physical, social, and emotional health in the search for a “new normal” after treatment.
Download Life After Cancer Treatment PDF
Download PDF in Spanish
Eating Hints for Cancer Patients*
Learn about diet needs during and after treatment and how to cope with side effects that may affect eating.
Download Eating Hints for Cancer Patients PDF
Download Eating Hints for Cancer Patients PDF in Spanish
Taking Part in Cancer Treatment Research Studies*
Clinical trials may be an option for some cancer patients. Asking the right questions can help with making decisions about them.
Download Taking Part in Cancer Treatment Research Studies PDF
Thinking About Complementary and Alternative Medicine*
In addition to standard medical care, there are other practices or products that may be helpful such as meditation, yoga, massage, tai chi, vitamins, or herbs.
Download Thinking About Complementary and Alternative Medicine PDF
Chemotherapy and You
Learn about how Chemotherapy affects you and your body.
A variety of cancer topics are explored on this free audio program in a story-telling format. It may be ordered or accessed online.
* Source: National Cancer Institute
** Source: National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship